Recruitment & Placements
All about us
Orion Business Solutions recruitment division originated in 2000, where we mainly recruited for the Orion group. The success of our recruitment Strategy motivated us to also offer this service to external clients, and in 2005, the division truly came alive.
Our team consists of highly experienced Key Accounts managers with varied experience in different industries.
At the cornerstone of the Orion Group’s success is its people management philosophy, which enables us to achieve extraordinary results with ordinary people. The philosophy uses the Human Capital model, which is around that of a team-based organization (team coaching). The group believes in building human capability ahead of demand. Together with team and executive management coaching, and a performance driven approach, the company has the elements that will culminate in superior business results and action.
OBS uses the same philosophy with external clients, building on past successes to drive towards future success, superior performance and world-class best practice principles.
We believe in partnering with our Clients in an honest, transparent and time efficient manner. Our passion for the industry drives our business.
Our Brand Promise
To “Unleash the potential for superior performance in obtaining results” within each employee and/or potential employee”. To live by this promise we believe in the recruitment of competent, talented, skilful and passionate people to suit your Human Capital growth and needs. Together we assist you in building a people balance sheet with your future business intent in mind.
Our approach will be flexible to your unique organizational needs, without compromising standards.
We utilize a comprehensive targeted selection process that has been specially developed by the Orion Group to ensure a consistent approach.
Our assessment tools offered include:
- Personal Profiling
- ITC/Criminal Checks
- Graphology Assessment
- Targeted Reference Checks
- 360° Assessments
- EQ Assessments
- Disc Profile
- Competency Assessments
Our colleagues and consultants keep up to date with Labour legislation in that Orion Business Solutions in partnership with SA Consulting offers an IR service to all our clients. Some of our consultants are highly specialized in IR with qualifications such as an advanced Diploma in Labour Law and M.Phil Labour Law.
We apply ourselves to permanent recruitment over a wide range of industry sectors and at all levels of seniority. Sectors that we focus on include:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal / IR
- Sales and Marketing
- Secretarial / Office Support
- General Management
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- Call Centre
- Construction, Engineering & Manufacturing
- Facilities Management / Property
- Travel / Tourism Industry
We are fast gaining a reputation for attracting the highest caliber of candidates through targeted advertising, networking and other recruitment initiatives.
Once the job specification has been received, several methods are used to locate the most suitable candidate:
- Referrals from past and current candidates
- A search of our database of candidates
- Networking within the Orion Group infrastructure and other consultancies who operate in geographical or technical areas outside our own
- Advertising in local media and internet resources
- Specialized search where required (head hunting)
- A search of career websites to which OBS subscribes
We want to present you with a short-list of appreciate candidates in the minimum amount of time
Some senior/specialized positions require specific qualifications and inherent requirements and as such the best candidate is not likely to be on our database. In these situations, OBS may explore the working environment where an appropriate candidate would be working and then approach the candidate on behalf of the client. OBS undertakes not to approach candidates in this way who are working for our existing clients.
This option could take longer than traditional permanent recruitment due to the nature of the search. We believe that the additional time taken to find the right candidate however will be worthwhile.
Our Differentiating Factors
- The Orion Group incorporates several business units each with unique recruitment needs and as such our strong local foundations provide us with unique insights into our local industry and culture. This enables us to recruit across a vast range of industry sectors.
- Our rates are highly competitive and negotiable. We offer our clients financial flexibility in that they are able to pay with a payment plan that spans over a 3-month period. We believe that each client is different and to each we offer a complementary solution.
- In determining the “right people” it is not just only important to assess candidates specific educational background, practical skills, specialized knowledge and work experience, but what is most imperative is the assessment of character attributes and behavior. Some of our colleagues are registered Graphologists and handwriting analysis forms part of our assessments and targeted selection. Drawing from these assessments, we are able to conduct targeted reference checks.
- The Orion Group’s team based approach has taught us to focus on what is important – innovative, flexible and responsible people solutions to ensure that you get the right fit with your needs.
- Networking between the business units plays a vital role in OBS’ business model. Specialist resources and knowledge are available to draw upon from the Group to ensure holistic solutions for our clients.
- As innovators and industry leaders, our learning culture encourages us to stay abreast with changes that affect not only our Group but also that of the clients that we serve.
- OBS also offers a comprehensive integrated coaching programme, which allows its consultants to understand business comprehensively. OBS’ recruitment consultants will therefore ensure a perfect match between the candidate’s skills, clients’ needs and organizational culture of the company.
We know that every client has a different recruitment need and that every candidate has a unique set of skills. We are committed to matching client needs to candidate aspirations to create long-term mutual success and performance.
Orion Business Solutions can work with you to help attract and retain the very best people. People who will become key drivers for your organizations’ long-term aspirations and success.
To discuss your recruitment needs, please call one of our Consultants
Tel: +27 (011) 718 6484 / 6493.